Military Family Support
Strasburg Schools is committed to supporting military families and providing a nurturing community for military-connected youth. The school district recognizes the unique challenges faced by these families and strives to create an inclusive environment that fosters a sense of belonging. By offering specialized programs and resources, Strasburg Schools ensures that military-connected students receive the support they need to thrive academically, emotionally, and socially. The district’s dedicated staff and faculty work closely with military families to address their specific needs and provide a seamless transition for students moving between schools. Strasburg Schools is proud to serve as a pillar of support for military families, helping them feel at home in their new community.
Strasburg Schools is committed to supporting military-connected students and their families. The district's goal is to help the children of military families succeed academically and in the community. Strasburg Schools offers a variety of resources to meet the needs of military-connected students, such as academic support, emotional support, and social support. Here are some helpful links to military family resources:
Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission - Ohio is part of the Interstate Compact for Educational Opportunities for Military Children. This agreement between states ensures that military children can properly enroll in schools, participate in school activities, and get the help they need to graduate. If you have any questions, contact Pete Lupiba, Ohio's state commissioner for the compact
Veterans Executive Order Report - A comprehensive look at what state departments, boards, commissions and our institutions of higher education can do to support Ohio’s veterans and service members, and to make our state an ideal home for veterans seeking to launch their civilian careers.
Ohio Revised Code changes for veterans
- Require state institutions of higher education to award credit for military training. This would make it easier for veterans to transition to college and complete their degrees.
- Increase penalties for certain theft, deception, and identity fraud offenses when the victim is an active duty service member. This would help protect service members from scams and other crimes.
- Allow for a civil action for victims of identity fraud. This would give victims a way to seek compensation for damages caused by identity theft.
- Make other changes regarding state support and benefits for veterans and their spouses. This could include things like expanding access to healthcare and education, providing tax breaks, and creating job training programs.
- Clarify membership in the State Teachers Retirement System. This would ensure that veterans who become teachers are able to participate in the retirement system.
Health Care Licensing for Military Members and Spouses - If you or your spouse is a current or retired member of the U.S. military, including the Ohio National Guard, this information will help you get licensed or certified by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
Ohio National Guard’s Family Readiness Program - This program provides information and tools for Ohio families, including educational resources, youth camps, and recreational opportunities.
Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC) - The Military Child Education Coalition’s work is focused on ensuring quality educational opportunities for all military children affected by mobility, family separation and transition. | Voice for the Military Child: a newsletter for friends of the MCEC
Ohio Inter-service Family Assistance Coalition (ISFAC) - The ISFAC serves as a statewide “safety net” in support of Ohio military families. The ISFAC connects military families with national, state, regional and community resources as well as volunteer support services.
Touching Base - Touching Base is a quarterly U.S. Department of Education newsletter for the military community.
Military OneSource - DOD Website that is gateway to information, resources and help for military members and their families.